Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Martine's Chocolates

As I stepped off the elevator on the 6th floor of Bloomingdale’s, a fabulous chocolate sensation filled my nostrils. I just followed the aroma, which took me to the delight that is Martine’s Chocolates. Martine’s is nestled amongst Bloomingdales’s large selections of luggage, faux flowers, and cookware. The store is the owned by Martine Leventer Pechenik; this branch of Martine’s is the first of two and has been in Bloomingdale’s for about 18 years. The store is divided in two: on one side, onlookers are treated to a show as confections come to life in front of their eyes. The chocolates for sale on the other side are freshly made. Julie, the self-titled “organizer at the store” was extremely helpful and offered me an abundance of samples. I learned that the pieces, made with fresh cream, are their specialty. After trying one, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. She also showed me the chocolate metro card that they sell, which is very popular among the tourists. “You can eat it, but you can’t swipe it!” she joked. She also told me that all of their chocolates are all natural and many of them are vegan. I was amazed by the likeness of the sugar free chocolate was to the real thing. After surveying the offering, which included chocolate cars, pianos, tennis racquets and balls, animals, King Tut, and several major monuments, I decided to invest in a Cameo chocolate. I was drawn to it because of its Victorian appeal and the fact that it was made with a trilogy of delicious chocolates: milk, white and dark. A visit Martine’s is worth the effort.
Martine's @ Bloomingdales 1000 3rd Avenue 6th floor

New York, NY 10022-1230
(212) 705-2347
Subway: 59th st. Lexington Avenue station. 4,5,6,N, R, W
Martine's Chocolates too
400 East 82nd Street
New York, NY 10028-5955
(212) 744- 6289

No comments:

Post a Comment